Yes! A new attribute to prepare drinks with: a silicone mold for perfectly round ice cubes. Well, ice balls rather than cubes. This has been on our wish list for a long time and now we will really start using it too. And so step one of the cocktail preparation of the day starts several hours in advance by the making the ice balls.
Today’s recipe idea comes from Hendrick’s Gin, of which we found a nice picture on Pinterest. We start with the Summer Mule cocktail, but we will give it our own twist. This way we will get a variation on the Mule cocktail and the Mojito Royal. We will call it the Royal Summer Mule, even if that description is a bit too narrow as this delicious drink can of course just as well be served the rest of the year.
- 50 ml Hendrick’s Gin
- 20 ml fresh lime juice
- 10 ml elderberry flower syrup
- 10 ml cane sugar
- A few sprigs of mint
- Lime zest
- Cucumber zest
- Cava or champagne to finish
- Round ice cubes
- A large wineglass
- Add the gin, lime juice, elderberry flower syrup and liquid sugar in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until all flavors are mixed.
- Take a large wine glass and place the round ice ball on the bottom.
- Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker in the glass until the ice ball is just not completely covered.
- Decorate with the lime zest, the cucumber zest and some mint leaves.
- Finish by adding bubbles.
Would you like to add some more color to the glass? Then add some fresh raspberries.