Yes! Sunshine, balmy air and more longer days. Summer is back and we can wipe the dust off our BBQ. While the meat is absorbing the marinade and when the salads are ready, it’s time for a light snack or a starter. We choose smoked scallops with mushrooms and miso.
The preparation can best be done on the kitchen stove. The BBQ is needed for the finishing touch. A smoking oven will also do the trick, so that can be a good alternative which can be used throughout the year.
- 4 scallops
- 1 tray of mixed mushrooms
- 1 pack of miso
- Radish slices
- Finely chopped radish stems
- Jack Daniels smoking chips
How to prepare?
- Briefly fry the mushrooms and the scallops in a pan. Put them on the barbeque, add some smoking chips onto the fire and close the lid to smoke everything. 1 – 2 minutes should do.
- Prepare the miso according to the instructions on the package and divide the soup amongst the plates. Add the scallops and the mushrooms. Decorate with radish slices and flakes of finely chopped radish stems.
We enjoyed a glass of white wine with this dish. Catch of the day was the Grüner Veltliner, Weinviertel DAC Zeiseneck Pfaffl Austria.