Some inspiration for a tasty, refreshing aperitif is always welcome during summer, preferably not too difficult but still startling. One of those simple bottles of bubbly – that everyone has at home – is a fine starting point. We often do not open that bottle, as it is too basic and we do not have any creative ideas to turn it into a fabulous combination. That is when we prepared a prosecco with plums and thyme with it. The advantage of such simple ingredients is t
For this drink you need of course plums. Summer is luckily the perfect season for this fruit, as both the flavor and price are then at its best. Pick a couple of juicy and ripe ones, to make sure they have enough juice. Get some thyme fresh from the garden, sugar and water and you’re good to go.
- 3 plums
- 20 sprigs of thyme
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 4 ts of thyme syrup
- 1 bottle of prosecco
How to prepare?
- Prepare the fresh thyme syrup by heating and boiling a shot glass of sugar and just as much water. Take the pot off the stove and add thyme according to your own taste. You can add quite some sprigs. Allow to cool.
- Peel and chop 2 plums. Just like tomatoes, the skin will come off easier if you carve small crosses in them with a knife and submerge them in hot water.
- Add the plums to the juice of 1 lemon.
- Add 4 ts of thyme syrup to the mixture of lemon and plums.
- Crush everything in a mortar or directly into the glass if you like to have some pulp in your drink.
- Fill the bottom of a tall, firm glass with the mixture and squash it again.
- Add some crushed ice.
- Fill up with prosecco until the glass is full.
- decorate with some slices of plum and thyme.
- Serve immediately with a straw and a spoon.